Joining our program you become a member of one of the most forward thinking self-defense & Krav Maga programs in the U.S. Kore’s founder trains & teaches internationally.
It Matters. Training is fun and in the back of your mind, you know you are training in self-defense. Train in a system untested and without a proven record of life-saving success among students and your fun hobby becomes a liability. Kore’s founder trained and certified as an instructor directly under Eyal Yanilov of Krav Maga Global (KMG). And while KMG no longer has a presence in the U.S., they remain the premier system born directly under Krav Maga’s founder, Imi Lichtenfeld.
- Unlimited training in the majority of our scheduled classes (a few are restricted by skill).
- Membership includes Tai Chi classes, great for improving structure, balance and control, & monthly Modern Arnis workshops.
- Free Participation in all in-house member seminars.
- Deep Discounts on Guest Instructor events & special programs
- Discounts on training gear ordered through Kore vendors.
- Like other martial arts (Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Jiu Jitsu) you can test for rank. Unlike traditional martial arts; however, we only use belts for our kids program. Adults indicate rank by patch as a nod to our program’s military history.
- A variety of contract options, all with simple cancellation options.
- Signing Up? You get our new-member package including a training shirt, training curriculum, your first month’s tuition & more.
- Previous Krav Maga training/rank earned? When a rank test is scheduled, we’ll test you up to the most commensurate rank in our program. Your previous training is valuable and we will honor the hard work you have already engaged.
- Defenses against chokes & grabs
- Defenses against punches & kicks
- Defenses against multiple attackers
- Defenses against bearhugs (grabs from front/behind)
- Basic defenses against common stick-type attacks
- Multiple striking/kicking patterns, integrating combatives into defensive patterns
- Complex decision making dynamics with repeated attacks
- Managing multiple threats with multiple types of attack, including weapons
- Defenses against active stabbing/edged weapon attacks
- Defenses against threats with handguns/long guns
- Defenses against an experienced attacker (a trained fighter)
- Application of complex skills in situations with rapidly changing dynamics
Beyond the Krav Maga Curriculum You Will Also Learn
- Threat assessment
- Escape/Evasion Skills
- Principles of self-defense including basic physics of moving bodies
- Additional techniques developed from successful responses to real attacks
- Adapting formal techniques to the changing dynamics of a violent encounter
We are not the cheapest and we are not the most expensive program in Northern Virginia. Are we more than a box-gym membership? Yes, but for good reason. Every class you attend is instructed by highly qualified instructors with continuing education requirements. Larger classes include assistant instructors and senior students on-deck to ensure personal attention.
The adage, you get what you pay for, is particularly relevant in self-defense. Be cautious about entrusting your training to an instructor certified in a single weekend course. Our lead instructors have years of training & experience, and our instructor interns are closely supervised.
Give us a call: (703) 261-4333